High Risk / Construction Site Paramedic Vacancy September 2019
Location Medical Services Ltd are currently looking for someone to fulfill an exciting project as a HIGH RISK / CONSTRUCTION SITE PARAMEDIC – based on high profile client site in Central London (Zone 1).
Location Medical is best known for its Media and Event medical services, we have also been providing professional healthcare staff to construction and industrial clients since 2001. Although we also provide occupational health nurses - we have seen a recent increase in demand for paramedic led on site safety services - particularly in high risk areas where “day to day” safety, welfare and primary care workload can be instantly replaced with the need to get advanced pre-hospital care skills and experience quickly to the scene of accidents or illness occurring anywhere on large high risk industrial and commercial sites.
This vacancy is for one paramedic to be attached to an ongoing large high profile project in Central London. The immediate contract is for 6 months - but the job will roll for 3 years and it is expected that a successful applicant will have the option to remain in post for the full duration should all the performance criteria be met.
Key Areas of responsibility will be:
o Maintaining readiness of on site equipment and personal skills and training to ensure a fast and professional response to emergencies on site - potentially involving some working (large site lifts to access high floors, unfinished buildings with secure open sides etc) at height but not requiring specialist training or any personal risk!
o Working as integral part of a site safety team to ensure industry leading standards of safety and welfare are adhered to and promoted across the site.
o Running clinics assessing, treating and (where necessary) referring a broad range of minor and chronic illness and injuries in line with current best practice.
o Liaising with local hospitals and clinics to establish appropriate care pathways for patients.
o Liaising with project management teams on welfare, health and safety matters.
o Maintaining a high profile across all areas of a site and liaising with colleagues in all areas to ensure that medical services are accessible, familiar and approachable to all staff in all areas of the site.
o Recording and reporting of all incidents to ensue statutory and professional records are maintained at all times
All Candidates Must:
- Be HCPC registered paramedic with good references and at least 2 years operational experience.
- Have high standards of professional and personal accountability and be motivated to maintain standards without direct supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to confidently communicate with valued clients.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision, to prioritise tasks and ensure that they are dealt with in order of priority and as required by operational demands.
- Must be committed to ensuring client satisfaction and the successful delivery of Location Medical Services contracts - even when it means “going the extra” distance for a client.
- Reasonable level of fitness (Must be able to carry a comprehensive medical back pack). Also comfortable with heights.
Ideal Candidates might also have:
- Some experience or training in specialised casualty access & rescue.
- Interest, experience or qualifications in primary care / minor illness / wound care. -
Based mostly on site at a large and growing construction site in Central London. Zone 1/2 - no parking on site but easily accessed by public transport.
Hours – 0800-1700 Monday to Friday. NO WEEKENDS, NIGHTS or BANK HOLIDAYS.
Salary: £36400-£38 000 full time / PAYE or equivalent increased daily rates for freelance staff.
Applications: Brief CV and detailed covering letter explaining exactly why you feel this is the job for you and what you would bring to it that no one else would.
To be sent in writing or email with attachments to:
Location Medical Services Ltd, The Medical Centre, Shepperton Studios, Studio Road, Shepperton TW17 0QD
Need Further Information? please email: email@example.com